I will definitely remember that Sharp, but we all need to move on right? Not only do I now have a real oven, but it is also twice as big in capacity. Mass production, here I come!
Anyway, I just wanted to share the first thing I baked - marbled cream cheese brownies. A simple and quick recipe, requiring cheap, easily available ingredients - good for potlucks and the mass.
For a 8" square pan
1/2 cup flour, sifted
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream cheese topping
4 oz cream cheese
2 tbsp flour, sifted
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Prepare the cream cheese topping by creaming all the ingredients together until sugar is melted, about 5 minutes on medium.
2. Preheat oven to 170C. Grease a 8" square pan.
3. Sift together, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
4. In a large mixing bowl, stir together, melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
5. Add in eggs, beat vigorously to mix well.
6. Add in flour mixture and combine until just mixed.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan, leaving about 1/4 of the batter left.
8. Add in cream cheese topping in the middle.
9. Add in the remaining brownie batter. Using a knife, create swirls.
10. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cream cheese topping is slightly brown. Cool completely in the pan, on the rack.
Serves 16, as it is or better still, warmed slightly with ala mode with ice cream.